Thursday, January 14, 2010

My State of This Blog Address

If you read my blog regularly during Idol season (hey, there are surely a few of you) you may be wondering why I haven't posted anything about the first two audition episodes. For starters, I was lazy and put off buying a digital converter box for my analog TV set until just yesterday. I missed the entire Boston episode and only saw part of the Atlanta one (I fortunately got to enjoy the masterpiece that is "Pants on the Ground"). More importantly, I've decided that this year it'd be best for me to save my energy for the stuff that's really important, namely the competition itself. I was ready to shoot myself by the time the auditions finally ended last year, and recapping tons of non-funny filler just isn't worth my time. I may, however, recap next week's Chicago episode, since I was there. It'll be fun to see if I recognize anyone, or perhaps see myself in the crowd somewhere. After that, I probably won't get too involved with the blogging side of things until the Top 24 is announced.

Don't write off this blog. Just know that I'm easing up a bit so as not to stress myself out. For what it's worth, I have a great post title I'm hoping to use sometime this season. If an appropriate opportunity to use it arose I'd be kicking myself for the rest of my life if I missed it. So fear not! My OCD will keep you from being denied my earth-changingly awesome recaps!

1 comment:

BeckEye said...

I'm thinking you have the right idea. These auditions are booooring.