Thursday, March 4, 2010

Top 20 Results - My License to Predict Has Been Renewed!

After tonight we'll be one week away from knowing our Top 12! Hmmm. When you put it that way it doesn't quite sound so special. Whatever. We get another group performance this week, and the song is "I've Got a Feeling" by The Black Eyed Peas. Too bad it wasn't The Beatles' song. It would've been fun to see how they edited the line "everybody had a wet dream." The whole thing is super corny, but isn't that exactly what makes these performances so fun? It's nice to see the contestants, notably Michael, hamming it up. Just embrace it, guys! Cheese makes the world go 'round!

Results time! My predictions for those going home were James, John, Lacey and Michelle. Let's see if I can do better than my one for four last week!

Tim Urban is safe! I knew he would be!

Todrick Hall has to stay standing.

Michael Lynche is safe!

Casey James is safe!

John Park is still standing, and it's down to him and Todrick. The one leaving is...John. Darn it. Oh well. I'm one for one so far. John seems upbeat as he sings his way back into obscurity. Fare thee well, Johnny!

More guys getting the axe!

Lee DeWyze is safe!

Aaron Kelly, who reminds me of Cory Matthews from a distance, is safe!

Alex Lambert, America's underdog, is safe!

Only Jermaine Sellers and Andrew Garcia remain. Oh, come on! I'd love to see Ol' Neck-Tat leave this early (actually, I guess that nickname could apply to either of them, but I'm talking about Andrew), but it's too early for a mega-shocker! The safe contestant is...Andrew. Duh! Jermaine talks about how God has a plan for him and plugs the onesie one last time. Good for you, Jermaine. Better late than never to start showing some class. And just like that I'm two for two!

Danny Gokey time! Who'd-a thought he'd get a record deal? His new song is called "My Best Days Are Ahead of Me," and it's OK, I guess. It's kind of sad to watch this, actually. I remember after he got off the show he specifically said he didn't want to do country music, as a lot of people were suggesting for him. Yet here he is...doing country music. I guess that Latin-fusion album he wanted to do didn't work out. After the song he talks about how much he loves country music and how excited he is about this career path. Well, if he truly is happy, good for him. I wish him well. I don't see myself buying his stuff though.

Now it's the girls' turn to sweat!

Lilly Scott is safe!

Paige Miles is safe!

Katie Stevens is safe!

That leaves us with Didi Benami and Michelle Delamor. The safe contestant is...Didi! Michelle is going home! Oh well. Sorry those fifteen votes I gave you weren't enough, Michelle! She's clearly choked up as she sings her final song on the Idol stage. I'll miss you, you classy non-plant! Oh, by the way...I'm three for three!

One more girl has to go. I'm already predicting that they'll narrow it down to Haeley and Lacey, then "shock" everyone by announcing Haeley survived again. Just watch.

Katelyn Epperly is safe!

Crystal Bowersox is safe!

Siobhan Magnus is safe! No-brainers, all.

That leaves us with Haeley Vaughn and Lacey Brown. Son of a motherless goat, am I good at this or what? The girl leaving is...Haeley? Wow! I guess I'm not as good as I thought I was. I've also finished the night three for four! Oh well. Rarely does anyone get all four correct. Haeley tearfully sings her way out, and now last night's performance doesn't seem so bad. I think every girl on the couch is crying. They all must've loved her. Oh well. It was the right thing to do. She clearly was in over her head.

Any predictions on who gets the two pimp spots next week? I say Crystal for the girls and Michael for the guys. Hey, I've got to keep myself amused somehow.

Until next week, peace!...or...something.

No comments: