Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Top 4 Results - Let's Get This Over With

Blah blah blah, let's make this quick, shall we? These recaps are becoming a chore more than anything. I can't wait for next season, when I can sit back and just watch the show without having to analyze everything.

First is a performance from Fantasia. I don't care about her. It's not easy being my least favorite Idol winner, but she manages to go on anyway. I will say, this is much better than that mess of a performance she gave two years ago.

The Ford video is to some song called "Put the Message in the Box." I don't know where they find these songs I've never heard of.

Results. Casey James is safe! Wow! I thought for sure he was a goner. I never saw him as Top 3. Well, there's a good way to end the early drama.

Chris Daughtry and his band are here to bore us, and I'm here with the remote control to pause the tape.

More results. Lee DeWyze is safe! All right! Go Chicago area!

So that leaves us with Michael Lynche and Crystal Bowersox. Oh man. If Crystal ends up being a shocking elimination, this season will have officially gone down the tubes. I think Michael's been overdue to leave though, so they're probably just trying to make us sweat a bit.

Our third musical guest is Bon Jovi, and coincidentally, they're also the third musical guest to get the tape paused on them. I'm not regretting that decision once I hear how dull this song is and how off these harmonies are. Go back to the '80s, guys.

Finally it's time for our final member of the Top 3. And it is...Crystal! Sigh of relief. She's about the only legit competitor this season.

So we say goodbye to Big Mike. You may not have achieved your Top 3 goal, but you've been a class act throughout the whole process. Fare ye well.

Power Rankings:

3. Lee DeWyze - What??? The guy I've had in the Top 2 since pretty much the beginning of the Finals I now have going home in third? Yep. Crystal's from Ohio and Lee's from Illinois, both midwestern states which don't have a history of bringing their contestants far. Casey, on the other hand, is from Texas, a well-known supportive state. I see him using the regional vote to upset the more-talented Lee.

2. Casey James - See Lee DeWyze. If I'm right about this I'll look like a genius. If I'm wrong, well...who cares? Have I been right about any of my predictions this season?

1. Crystal Bowersox - The only truly distinctive and interesting contestant this year, she totally deserves it.

I guess Lee's going to be in my area for his homecoming trip. Should I go see him? Hmmmmmmmmm. Gotta say, not high on my priority list! See you next week!

2 comments:

BeckEye said...

I'm just going around to everyone's blog who says something bad about Bon Jovi to call them a h8r. so...

*ahem*

H8r! ;)

Ian said...

Heh heh. No offense, Beckeye. I actually like a lot of Bon Jovi's stuff. I just didn't care for the song or their performance of it.