Monday, February 23, 2009

A Bit of News Courtesy of WhatNotToSing.com!

This Wednesday, after our new president so rudely delays "American Idol" (what's with this guy? First the World Series, and now "American Idol." Who does he think he is that he can do this to one and a half American institutions?), we'll be getting Semifinal Group 2's performances. According to our friends at WNTS, the fifth performance that night will be #1000 in the show's history! What a milestone!

They're also running a fun little contest to see who can most closely guess the performer, song and WNTS rating (read the site if you don't understand the ratings). That's definitely worth checking out.

As long as I'm here, I sure hope someone in Group 2 steps up his or her game and blows us away. I don't care for the styles of Alexis or Michael, and while I like the texture and tone of Danny's voice, I'm not exactly sure what his style is anymore. The constant dead wife pimping got old a long time ago too. If his dead wife gets mentioned anytime after the Top 12 episode (you know, when we're introduced to the contestants in more depth and it'll inevitably be mentioned again) I'm officially done giving him chances. I want someone in that Top 12 I can root for.

No comments: